Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I actually had a long weekend because I took off work on Thursday and Friday to do some things around the house that I had been wanting to do for a long time and just never have the time (nor want to make time) to do them on the weekend!

Thursday I went through all of Tucker's clothes (which is way too many might I add) and took out everything that he can no longer wear. I filled up an entire bin of 0-3 month clothes. I know one bin doesnt sound like much but think how small those little clothes are and the bin is STUFFED to the max! After that job was marked off the list, I broke out the white paint and went to town! We remodeled an older house and by remodeled I mean completely gutted the inside and started over so everything inside our house for the most part is new. But some things were left unfinished (for me). A lot of doors were stock white but never painted white, some of the trim and outside doors had scuffs that drove me crazy so I spent the rest of the day painting like crazy. I am one of those people that if something needs a little face lift, just paint it! Fresh paint makes everything look better!

On Friday I went to town to run some errands while the cleaning lady was there and got a lot of little outdoor trinkets to make the landscaping look a little better. We did so much to the inside of our house but the outside has a lot of work to still be done! I pulled some weeds, and then helped my husband finish planting the strawberry patch. Then I went and picked up my sweet little guy early and we had some mommy and me time!

Friday night we had dinner with some childhood friends of mine, it ended up being 5 couples! We always have so much fun together although we do not get to spend as much time together as we would like with everyone having busy schedules. After dinner we went over to Katie and Daniel's house and the girls played hand and foot (the best card game ever) while the guys watched TV.

Saturday my college friend Brooke and her family were in town so we spent some time together with them that day along with another night out to dinner saturday night. It always fun to catch up with them!

Sunday we tried to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather! We ran some errands in town and visited a new store in town called Stockdales. It was the perfect shop for us. It had hunting/farming gear for the hubby plus a really nice home section for me to spend my time in. I got a star to hang outside that I have been looking for a really long time now. We had a great weekend and hopefully a great week is in store for us as well! I will leave you with a cute photo of my little guy after Saturday morning breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment